MICM’s people and culture team, led by General Manager, Amy Maiolo, sought a replacement platform for their existing HRIS which failed to integrate with their recruitment or payroll systems causing inefficiencies across their HR and people management processes. Throughout the research exercise, the team uncovered their need to solve the following challenges:
- Build-up of avoidable time-consuming and inefficient administration tasks for the people and culture team.
- Double and triple handling of data leading to an increased workload and errors across HR records and payroll processing.
- Existing “clunky” HRIS that didn’t offer automation to streamline and improve workflows and processes including onboarding new employees.
- Lack of access and visibility for managers into employee records like salary reviews and performance appraisals creating a culture of “reactivity instead of proactivity” for the people and culture team.
Through implementing intelliHR, MICM was able to not only streamline and automate administration tasks, freeing-up the people and culture team to focus on delivering value to the wider organization, but also optimize their HR and people management processes with powerful HR analytics. This, in turn, improved almost all areas of the organization’s employee experience, performance and feedback, onboarding and retention, as well as touching on compliance and learning and development. Overall, it’s created a win-win situation for MICM’s leadership, HR, and employees.
Everyone loves intelliHR. The empowerment it’s given the organization to self-serve has been incredible and the buy-in from our managers has been huge”
– Amy Maiolo, General Manager – People & Culture
Outcome #1: People and culture team saves two days per week on admin using best-of-breed integrations
The organization now has a bespoke system that suits their needs. This has helped reduce superfluous administration tasks like drawing up contracts for new starters and onboarding processes which could have easily been automated, and the team now saves two days per week (up to 40% of their time) using intelliHR by:
- Building heavily-administrative aspects of the organization’s onboarding process into their intelliHR instance using forms, check-ins and checklists rather than housing information on manual spreadsheets.
- Developing workflows to simplify and automate processes like onboarding, performance management and feedback that could be changed and adapted on the spot.
- Successfully and seamlessly deployed a connected ecosystem of best-of-breed applications that united their HR systems and removed the “clunky” factor from their overall HRIS.
- Streamlining contract administration by setting up contract automation through intelliHR’s integration with document creation and workflow software, PandaDoc.
- Pulling through newly-hired employees’ “person and job” records automatically using intelliHR’s integration with recruitment software, JobAdder.
- Completed the connected ecosystem of integrations with cloud payroll system, KeyPay, which uses employee data from intelliHR to populate payroll, leave, and payslip information.
We’ve just gone live with the contract automation through PandaDoc which has been a game-changer. Our contracts are now drawn-up automatically and our person and job records are done straight away through the API with JobAdder.
– Amy Maiolo, General Manager – People & CultureTwo days per week saved on admin work
Outcome #2: Empowered leadership team with “self-serve” information hub
Rather than unnecessarily receiving and reviewing every individual form with new employee and contract information, and having a massive build-up of emails flowing in their inboxes, the HR team turned this process into a monthly review using intelliHR. This way, HR can gain an overview of the organization’s monthly onboarding trends through their HR analytics dashboard, with the ability to dive deeper into the data if needed.
Transforming processes like this has enhanced accountability across the leadership team; and made it easier for MICM’s distributed workforce to collaborate. Managers are now more supported with an intuitive HR framework providing a “self-serve” function that is less reliant on HR. They can now:
- Ensure they have access to the employee information they need.
- Use form data and checklists to identify any issues throughout the onboarding process.
- Make updates to contracts using the “movements and change” feature when employee information changes or a team member moves into a new role.
Outcome #3: Tracking and reporting for COVID-19 compliance
MICM used custom fields to track employee vaccination information including statuses and dates in a simple way, gaining the ability to quickly access this information, report on it, and also specify who had access to this data using their permissions settings.
We use intelliHR to track vaccination status and date information. When the compliance officers saw how we were storing the information, they were very impressed and we passed the audit with flying colors.
– Amy Maiolo, General Manager – People & Culture
Outcome #4: HR analytics identify training and development needs
With the MICM team now moving towards a continuous feedback process through monthly employee check-ins, automated performance review forms, and onboarding and offboarding feedback – that span the entire journey of an employee from start to finish, they were able to collate powerful data from their HR analytics. This was then used to identify and understand, in real-time, the need for company-wide training, learning and development across two capabilities:
- Time management
They used feedback forms collated in December 2021 and data form analytics in the intelliHR platform, including happiness score over time, to identify consistent trends and patterns relating to managers and employees alike having communication issues in some form within their roles which prompted the learning and development sessions.
Outcome #5: Improving the employee experience through continuous feedback
Equipped with HR analytics, the people and culture team took initiative to improve the overall employee experience. Drilling down further into the data and trends shone the light on on particular communication issue between a manager and new employee, allowing the team to better understand and find a resolution for it. Here’s how it played out:
In addition, Amy has used intelliHR to analyze attrition rates at MICM. Looking at attrition trends through their HR analytics dashboard, the team has been able to collate enough data to understand why people have left the business, and to help them make changes to the employee experience to maximize employee retention. The people and culture team were even able to use their attrition data to identify a small number of previous employees who would be appropriate to bring back on board with MICM and offer them part-time work.
Download the full Case Study
MICM Real Estate optimized their HR and people management processes improving many other areas of the organization at the same time. Find out how they did it with intelliHR.